Friday, August 1, 2014

Pam & Gwen

I can't recall the details of first learning about Gwen Marston.  Perhaps I read one of her articles in a found copy of Lady's Circle Patchwork Quilting.  When I saw a copy of Mary Schafer American Quilt Maker by Gwen Marston, I knew Gwen was a well known quilter from Michigan.  I eagerly bought the book and became fully engrossed in Mary's story and Gwen's telling of the story.  After a quick consultation with the internet, I discovered that Gwen offered the Beaver Island Quilt Retreat.  Later that evening, I casually mentioned to my husband that maybe I would think about attending a retreat someday.  His response, "There's no time like the present." That was a few years ago.  Gwen and other friends I met at the Beaver Island Quilt Retreat continue to inspire me, and every now and then we get going on a project.  Gwen has offered to write a guest post and you can see it here soon! pjb
Beaver Island Quilt Retreat 2012: Me grinning with the start of a Liberated Medallion


p.s.   Mary Schafer American Quilt Maker was awarded a 2005 Notable Book Award by the Michigan Library Association.  Well done, Gwen!

No comments:

Post a Comment