Sunday, July 5, 2015

COMFORT IN CLOTH

Today my thoughts are with people in Charleston.  

Thirteen years ago today, my family gathered in memory of my brother.  I remember people in Detroit and Dearborn offering kindness, treating me gently as I attempted to function in my state of shock.  Their compassion mattered.    

Today I join a project, a gesture of compassion extended to the people of Charleston.  The Charleston Modern Quilt Guild will make a quilt from pieces of cloth sent by people like me. The quilt is a symbol wrapping the people of Emmanuel African Methodist Episcopal Church in good will.  

Symbols matter.  People matter. pjb


to participate...by August 1st, send a 3 1/2" x 6 1/2" piece of solid cloth in a solid color or a print which reads as solid---a message can be centered in the block with your name & location, but please add your name & location
   Charleston Modern Quilt Guild
   P.O. Box 723
   Sullivans Island, SC 29482

No comments:

Post a Comment